Mar 28, 2010

Time to Refocus

Sometimes my life seems like it is sailing along quietly. Each day somewhat similar to the one before.

Lately that hasn't been the case. It seems that we are hitting one bump after another. Some small, some not so small. And I've found little distractions from it all. I washed my ipod earlier this year. So I haven't been able to tune out the world for even a little bit. I've missed it. And my new (to me) Nikon camera has taken on a mind of it's own. Sometimes I can snap a picture and sometimes I can't. It's too frustrating to even try it at times so I have given up for now.

But looking back now at the last couple of months I am thankful that the distractions have been few. During this season of Lent I needed to refocus my life. I've used some of this time to focus on what is still good. I've spent more time focusing and praying for the needs of others. I've become extra aware of my need for a Savior. Yes, I've known it all along...but stepping back every now and than helps me stay focused. It was time.


On the day I called, You answered me;
You made me bold with strength in my soul.~Psalm 138:3

No comments: