Oct 15, 2010

Plans

Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare. Psalm 40:5




I bought this huge recycled bowl on clearance at Target a while back.

I planned for it to sit neatly upon our large kitchen table. Like this:





Instead it doesn't sit as neatly as I planned. It has ended up being the catch all for anything on the table that is left behind. I'm learning to be ok with this.



This reminded me of the way I plan the outcome of things in my life. I often think:
" I will do this or things will go this way."
However, I often find that the LORD has other plans. I've learned to be ok with this.
And this verse always encourages me.
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. " Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: